Gran's Birthday
Celebrated grandma's birthday today, first with a sumptuous dinner at No Signboard at Vivo City, then with a jaunt on the Singapore Flyer. Was not a terribly good idea after a full meal and with an entire family of acrophobic people.
I was cheerleading my aunts all the way, telling them it went slow and that it was not all that scary, that is, until we got into the capsule and it started to ascend. Then realisation hit, as I turned to D and said (like a total idiot)., "Oh. Shit. This thing goes really high, I mean like all the way to the top of the wheel." Good job genius.
But I couldn't allow myself to wuss out more than my grandma could I?! So I sucked it up and took a bunch of photos, played with the baby cousins and tried to look/act chillax. Until, at the end of the ride, I realised the insides of my shoes were soaking from the cold sweat that had poured from my feet. Meh.
//edit: Double meh. Photos from the flyer entirely corrupted. *Sob*
Celebrated grandma's birthday today, first with a sumptuous dinner at No Signboard at Vivo City, then with a jaunt on the Singapore Flyer. Was not a terribly good idea after a full meal and with an entire family of acrophobic people.
I was cheerleading my aunts all the way, telling them it went slow and that it was not all that scary, that is, until we got into the capsule and it started to ascend. Then realisation hit, as I turned to D and said (like a total idiot)., "Oh. Shit. This thing goes really high, I mean like all the way to the top of the wheel." Good job genius.
But I couldn't allow myself to wuss out more than my grandma could I?! So I sucked it up and took a bunch of photos, played with the baby cousins and tried to look/act chillax. Until, at the end of the ride, I realised the insides of my shoes were soaking from the cold sweat that had poured from my feet. Meh.
//edit: Double meh. Photos from the flyer entirely corrupted. *Sob*



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home