It was a long, tiring, extremely defeating work week. So to make up for lousy morale, I dedicated the weekend to nice stretch of eating and shopping :)
Found this new cafe called 12x12 at Suntec which sells a healthier version of arancini -- varieties of fancy rice mixed with various ingredients and rolled into pretty little balls. Had some for lunch and dragged D's reluctant ass there for a second go. The 'fitballs' were filling and delicious and of the five we tried, I particularly liked the salmon and asparagus. But I couldn't help but think it was a wee bit gimmicky -- just kinda like rice salad in a nice package.
What really blew me away were the soups. I had an amazing watercress soup (watercress, spinach and roasted hazelnut cream), and D had a tastebud popping cold cucumber gazpacho with crab. And the cakes were also fantastic -- we tried carrot cake and the gluten free"guiltless chocolate almond cake".
Found this new cafe called 12x12 at Suntec which sells a healthier version of arancini -- varieties of fancy rice mixed with various ingredients and rolled into pretty little balls. Had some for lunch and dragged D's reluctant ass there for a second go. The 'fitballs' were filling and delicious and of the five we tried, I particularly liked the salmon and asparagus. But I couldn't help but think it was a wee bit gimmicky -- just kinda like rice salad in a nice package.
What D calls a "list of horrors"

But it was really really good: Fitballs, Carrot Ribbon salad with couscous

But it was really really good: Fitballs, Carrot Ribbon salad with couscous
What really blew me away were the soups. I had an amazing watercress soup (watercress, spinach and roasted hazelnut cream), and D had a tastebud popping cold cucumber gazpacho with crab. And the cakes were also fantastic -- we tried carrot cake and the gluten free"guiltless chocolate almond cake".
Amazing cold cucumber gazpacho and fresh crab meat -- the real stuff, not horrific surimi

Gluten free chocolate cake, carrot cake in the background
And today after almost dying at gym -- did pump and step (with torturous tracks) -- I stuffed myself silly, first with River ValleynNasi Padang followed by 5 scoops of ice cream from The Daily Scoop an hour later, which was followed almost immediately by what was intended as a small snack of half a slice of pizza from Rocky's but became a gorge fest of grease (we got a whole pie). OH! But it was SO GOOD. Perfectly thin crust with the right amount of crunch and chew. The gooiest cheese. Perked up with anchovies.
Gluten free chocolate cake, carrot cake in the background
Rocky's -- by far the best goddamned pizza you'll ever find in Singapore.
Tomorrow I am off on a 3D2N Junket to Bintan. I don't wanna sound ungrateful but though I think it'll be a welcome break, honestly, Bintan? I don't golf, I hate the beach (I am not supposed to be in the sun and I loathe sand) and I can't swim very well, especially not in the sea. All I was really looking forward to was lots of massages -- but I heard that the spa isn't even ready yet. T_T;; Woe! Oh well. At least I'll get to sleep lots and read!
Tomorrow I am off on a 3D2N Junket to Bintan. I don't wanna sound ungrateful but though I think it'll be a welcome break, honestly, Bintan? I don't golf, I hate the beach (I am not supposed to be in the sun and I loathe sand) and I can't swim very well, especially not in the sea. All I was really looking forward to was lots of massages -- but I heard that the spa isn't even ready yet. T_T;; Woe! Oh well. At least I'll get to sleep lots and read!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home