D and I were undecided about where to lunch yesterday and somehow random rolled our way to Romano's Ristorante, an "Italian Casual Diner" tucked away at Jalan Leban along Upper Thomson Road.
We started our day with beers -- not a very wise choice on an empty stomach. It rendered me somewhat incompetent for the rest of the afternoon.

We chased our alcoholic appetizers down with a decent meal of garlic bread, fritto misto and pasta (crayfish linguine for me, and linguine gorgonzola for D).
I'm a fusspot about pasta, so I was quite surprised that the consistency of the pasta did not disappoint. Romano's does a great tomato sauce; it went great with the fried seafood and with my pasta. But the seafood batter was a tad too thick for D's liking (but I quite liked it) and the gorgonzola sauce had a very strange powdery aftertaste.
We skipped dessert at Romano's in favour of the dark chocolate icecream at awfully chocolate. Then D had to drag my somewhat tipsy ass home so I could -- again -- sleep off the food.
When we got home, I found that my darling little Hazel had been taken to her new temporary home. :( Mum found a cat lover who houses about 50 cats in her mansion along Sixth. She gets each cat -- strays or not -- properly certified, neutered and vaccinated. People can visit and adopt the kitties if they want, and she gets them to sign papers to ensure that the cats are not abandoned. I'm glad for Hazel, but I worry about her being among so many other, possibly tougher, cats. I pray someone finds her and loves her soon.
In my missing of her, I woke up today feeling ill and with a swollen, conjunctivitis'd eye. I miss my meowmie.
We started our day with beers -- not a very wise choice on an empty stomach. It rendered me somewhat incompetent for the rest of the afternoon.

We chased our alcoholic appetizers down with a decent meal of garlic bread, fritto misto and pasta (crayfish linguine for me, and linguine gorgonzola for D).
I'm a fusspot about pasta, so I was quite surprised that the consistency of the pasta did not disappoint. Romano's does a great tomato sauce; it went great with the fried seafood and with my pasta. But the seafood batter was a tad too thick for D's liking (but I quite liked it) and the gorgonzola sauce had a very strange powdery aftertaste.
We skipped dessert at Romano's in favour of the dark chocolate icecream at awfully chocolate. Then D had to drag my somewhat tipsy ass home so I could -- again -- sleep off the food.
When we got home, I found that my darling little Hazel had been taken to her new temporary home. :( Mum found a cat lover who houses about 50 cats in her mansion along Sixth. She gets each cat -- strays or not -- properly certified, neutered and vaccinated. People can visit and adopt the kitties if they want, and she gets them to sign papers to ensure that the cats are not abandoned. I'm glad for Hazel, but I worry about her being among so many other, possibly tougher, cats. I pray someone finds her and loves her soon.
In my missing of her, I woke up today feeling ill and with a swollen, conjunctivitis'd eye. I miss my meowmie.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home